Five steps to heaven!
Because if toast is delicious, then the toasted sandwich is truly the food of the gods!
You bring the bread, we’ll bring the fillings! If you’ve one of these Dinner Ladies staples in your freezer and a few slices in the bread bin, you’ve the makings of a cleverly delicious – and super quick – meal. Serve up a bowl of soup too, and we’d call that a nourishingly fabulous dinner.
Mozzarella and ragu ciabatta
1 small size of Dinner Ladies ragu alla Bolognese makes 4 ciabatta sandwiches
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Heat up the ragu, following the pack instructions.
- Slice the ciabatta in half horizontally. Butter both halves.
- Grate mozzarella cheese over one half of the ciabatta.
- Put both halves of the ciabatta on a baking tray and put in the oven for a few minutes, until the bread is toasted and the cheese melted.
- Spoon hot ragu on top of the cheese. Put the other piece of toasted ciabatta on top to make a sandwich.
Toasted meatball wrap
1 small size of Dinner Ladies beef and quinoa meatballs with tomato sauce make 3 small or 2 large wraps
- Heat up the meatballs and sauce, following the pack instructions.
- Lay a wrap on your work surface. Sprinkle with grated cheese and add some meatballs and sauce.
- Roll up the wrap.
- Heat a frying pan or sandwich toaster and cook the wrap until golden.
- Cut in half or enjoy whole.
Mac and cheese toastie
1 small size of Dinner Ladies mac and cheese makes 3–4 sandwiches
- Heat up the mac and cheese, following the pack instructions.
- Slice 2 lovely thick pieces of sourdough bread and butter on both sides.
- Spoon warm mac and cheese onto one slice of bread. Put the other slice of bread on top to make a sandwich.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add the sandwich and cook until golden and crispy on the bottom. Turn carefully and cook the other side.
- Cut in half to serve and watch the cheese melt everywhere! Eat while warm and gooey!
Pulled pork jaffle
1 small size of Dinner Ladies pulled pork with BBQ sauce makes 4 sandwiches
- Heat up the pulled pork with BBQ sauce, following the pack instructions.
- Butter 2 slices of bread on both sides.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on one slice of bread.
- Spoon warm pulled pork on top of the cheese. Put the other slice of bread on top to make a sandwich.
- Put into the toasted sandwich maker until golden brown and sizzling.
Feeling inspired? Shop our toastie fillings today!