Whether it’s a simple stir fry of pak choy with spring onion or a medley of your favourite greens, our fuss-free greens recipe makes for the perfect pairing for our curries, noodles, and Asian-inspired dishes. Super quick and easy (and not to mention healthy!), you can also toss the greens through noodles or serve alongside fried rice.
Crank the heat up as high as you’d like or feel free to leave out the chilli if your household is spice-averse.
Tip: if you're using longer greens like Chinese broccoli or choy sum, cut into 6cm pieces.
Stir Fried Asian Greens
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 red chilli, chopped
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons rice bran or peanut oil
- 1 bunch baby pak choy, sliced lengthways
- 1 bunch baby buk choy, sliced lengthways
- 1/4 bunch spring onions, chopped into 2.5cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup of water
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Fry garlic and chilli with a pinch of salt in oil.
- Add your vegetables and spring onions, stir fry for a minute.
- Add oyster sauce and sesame oil.
- Quickly stir around and add a third of a cup of water.
- Put the lid on and allow vegetables to steam for 2 minutes or until stems are softening.
- Sprinkle on sesame seeds if you have them.