What makes this selection truly special is that it comes straight from a handful of local farms: all the produce is what the growers themselves think is their absolute best. This will be a generous (10.5-12.5 kg) box filled with enough fruit, herbs and vegetables to keep most families going for a week - with it and a load of dinners in your fridge and freezer, you might just never have to shop again!
The selection changes from week to week but we'll usually have a pretty good idea of what's coming - see the ingredients list below - with allowances for a sudden hailstorm or unexpected windfall.
What's so great about this box is that it's genuinely and directly supporting our local farmers - and at the same time giving us the incomparable flavour of fruit and veg the way it should taste, freshly picked, in season and with some interesting varieties you won't see in the supermarket - and without pesticides, waxing, super-chilling or long haul transport. Winning all round.
|PER 100G N/A||PER SERVE N/A|
- Individual:Serves one adult.
- Small:Serves two adults.
- Large:Serves 4-5 adults.
- Extra Large:Serves 6 adults.
A couple of ideas for how to use this week's produce:
- Tear kale off stems into bite-sized pieces, toss with olive oil and salt and roast at 200C for 10 minutes or until crisp and brown. Kale chips!
- Toss carrots in oil and salt and roast till soft and golden, then blitz with garlic, cumin and tahini or yoghurt for a dip or to serve under a grilled fillet of fish.
- Bananas past their best? Peel and freeze then add to smoothies, muffins or banana bread. Or blitz in a blender from frozen, for instant, completely natural ice-cream! Truly amazing - especially if you add a handful of choc chips or a tablespoon of peanut butter.
See Goes With for some ideas of how to make the most of your fruit and veg box.